Thursday, July 4, 2013

#5—Sickly

Yikes.

When I think of the last 24 hours, that's the first word that comes to mind.  The first full thought that comes to mind is "Gawd, I did not know a body could make a smell like that."

Yep.  I've been sick.  And what a delightful way to share it with the world!

One of my biggest worries going back to work is that I'm going to get sick.  A lot.  I have several chronic illnesses, including fibromyalgia and diabetes, and I tend to catch everything anyway.  For whatever reason, I particularly have a lot of stomach issues and have for the last ten years or so.  I probably will end up going to a gastroenterologist.  I had diagnosed myself with irritable bowel, which can accompany fibromyalgia, but my doctor suggested it might be the medications I was on, so he switched those around.  Voila!  I was magically better nearly overnight.  Until another doctor put me on a new medication which made me sick to my stomach again.  And just as that began to adjust, kaboom!

I don't know what I did to deserve this.

I got so angry and frustrated yesterday when I got sick.  I had planned to take my daughter to buy a swimsuit and possibly out for a treat.  I had also planned to pick up one of my medications.  Instead I ended up doing nothing.  I fell asleep early and woke to an angry teenager wanting clarification on consequences I had given.  That was at nearly eleven p.m., and I was up until almost four a.m.

So today I treated my stomach with some medicine, took a short nap, finally ate something, and am praying I keep it down.  Hopefully that will be the case, and I might even recover in time for fireworks.

One can always hope, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment