Saturday, July 6, 2013

#6—Gearing Up for Getting Older

So in roughly twenty minutes I'll be one year older.  Forty four has an interesting ring to it.  However, I'm still in denial about being forty two, so I'm not at all sure how this is going to work.  I think it's so funny how from my own perspective, I don't feel any older than I did ten years ago.  I still like to do a lot of the same things, I still have basically the same philosophies and points of view, and even look pretty much the same, with the exception of a few more wrinkles and gray hairs.

I remember when I turned forty, I went through this very short-lived traumatic period that I had grown older looking overnight.  My skin was dry and dull, my hair was turning gray, and I swear overnight I had developed wrinkles.  I went out and spent thirty bucks on some Oil of Olay, and three days later my skin felt the best it ever had.  I do say I highly recommend their regenerist line.

Ironically, I'm ordering makeup and cleanser from Bare Minerals tomorrow.  I started wearing their makeup a couple of years ago and find it to be absolutely amazing at covering imperfections, especially my rosacea.  The first time I saw my face without its typical deep pink flush, I was shocked.  It's amazing.

At any rate, tomorrow I have plans.  It's been awhile since I've had a birthday with PLANS.  My daughter and I are going to see the Lone Ranger and buy her a swimsuit so we can start swimming at the Y this week.  I have a ton of free offers companies have sent me for my birthday, so we may stop in for ice cream or an italian ice after the movie, or go to breakfast at IHOP or Denny's before.  My family has plans to take me out for seafood tomorrow night and I'm thrilled.  One of my favorite restaurants with great food.  If it were cooler outside I'd want to be somewhere on the beach, but it's going to be hot, so it doesn't matter and so I can go to my favorite restaurant, because it's nowhere near the water.

I have a ton of goals for this next year, for all aspects of my life.  More exercise and healthier eating.  More time spent with my daughter.  Getting back into the workforce.  Continue to heal and gain energy.  One of the reasons I'm writing this blog is to start to slow down and focus on each day, one at a time, instead of huge amounts of time at once.  And hopefully I'll be successful.

Three minutes until my birthday!  Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment